(1) FDSA announces the opening of registration for the 2014 Trade Show. Registrants can obtain a copy of the registration form by clicking here. Exhibitors can obtain a copy of the registration form by clicking here.
(2) FDSA welcomes Catherine Kasper as Executive Director!
(3) FDSA contacted Senator Durbin regarding the fact that not all Postal Offices in the Chicago area were carrying US flags for veteran funeral purposes. We are pleased to report this matter has been resolved. Click here for a copy of the response.
(4) The Illinois Division of Vital Records has issued instructions on completing the Place of Death information for IVRS procedures. Click here for more information. Please note this is a Members Only notification and you will need to login to see the material.
(5) Click here for the new 2014 Employer Rate Contribution Card. Please note this is a Members Only notification and you will need to login to see the material.
(6) Enjoy pictures from the 8th Annual FDSA Trade Show on held on November 6, 2013.
(7) The 2014 FDSA Reference Guide information and order form is available by clicking here.
(8) FDSA works with the State of Illinois on recent changes to Illinois Funeral Director and Embalmers Licensing Code.
(9) The Department of Veterans Affairs announces the availability of a new online funeral directors resource kit.
The Funeral Directors Services Association of Greater Chicago (FDSA) purposes and objectives are: