(1) FDSA members participating in the FDSA Trust receive an extension of the filing deadline for their Comptroller's report until May 15, 2013.
(2) FDSA works with the State of Illinois on recent changes to Illinois Funeral Director and Embalmers Licensing Code.
(3) The Department of Veterans Affairs announces the availability of a new online funeral directors resource kit.
(4) FDSA Board of Directors commends Associate Member Dr. Ben Margolis of Private Autopsy Practice.
(5) The 2013 FDSA Reference Guide information and order form is available by clicking here.
FDSA resulted from a merger of two associations in 1962. One of the merged groups, that of funeral directors and embalmers, began in 1880 while the other group, representing livery owners, began in 1914. Our current membership consists of union and non-union funeral homes and their branches, funeral livery operators and service firms, and supplier firms.